Wednesday, April 17, 2019

April 2018



Since the last post form March 2018 its been busy!
APRIL 2018

In between trips I managed to do a few small trips to the Limpopo with my two girls, we did ok for raptors to say the least! In April we got a late adult male Wahlberg's Eagle, 2 adult African Hawk-eagles and 3 adult Black-breasted Snake Eagles and a Pearl-spotted Owlet!

 










I then did a trip at the end of April to the Drakensberg Mountains in SA, to try get a few of the big mountain Jackal Buzzards there. I got 4 in all, biggest was 1.3kgs, (ive had 1.4kgs before). But the best was finding a great little spot of a 2 shelf net and with the call on, got a dozen Drakensberg Siskin, an endemic to the Lesotho region. Also the spring traps did well for a family of Sentinel Rock Thrush. Almost had a flock of the endemic Ground Woodpeckers and the Drakensberg Rock Jumpers, but I know where they are now!


No comments: